« Home

Tuesday, January 2, 2007
I'm pregnant!
Last week I found out that I'm pregnant. It came as a pleasant surprise although I spent the first few seconds dazed and feeling like I was in a dream. Before I could get my mind back to reality in the doctor's office, the doctor went straight on to calculate how long I have been pregnant and when I'm due to deliver.

As it turns out, I'm slightly over 5 weeks pregnant and due at the end of August this year. We haven't been expecting a baby but the arrival of the baby is definitely considered God's special gift to us.

I called Ray immediately to tell him the news. I think he was just as dazed in the first few seconds because the line went still and quiet. But soon, he came back alive on the line. I probably caught him at the wrong time to drop such news on him! :)

This happened at about noon on a working Friday. The doctor had given me half a day off to go home to get some rest (or was it to get the news to sink in our heads?). He insisted that I take home the pregnancy test tube to show it off, along with some prescribed supplements. Trust me, I ain't showing off any pregnancy kit! It's gross, ain't it?

So off I went home, coping with the news and slowly feeling the joy and excitement creep in. The fear of labour has yet to start and I'm glad for it. I slept most of the afternoon till Ray got home. He was so sweet...be bought me a bunch of red carnations tied with a pretty pink ribbon. It now still sits on our bedside table.

Starting immediately, I was banned from feeding and handling the cats in any way. Ray has also been extra attentive in doing everything else and all I did was sit down or lie down to rest. I wasn't feeling that sick but I sure was very tired and uncomfortable. That was what sent me to the doctor in the first place - exhaustion and nausea.

It's been a few days...so what have I been through? Lots of belching, some tummy discomfort that sent some unpleasant vomiting sensation up my throat, and lots and lots of sleep! I could sleep for hours and when I wake up, I still yawn. It's unbelievable.

We bought a book on pregnancy and I've been reading up. It helps to know that some of the things I've been going through are normal. It puts Ray and me much at ease. I can't imagine going to the doctor for every little discomfort only to feel like an idiot to find out it's "one of those things" of pregnancy :)

Anyway, it's late...I should get some rest now.
 
posted by Eternity | Permalink |



9 Comments:


On Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

I'm so happy for you.
Look after yourself & the dearest little baby that is growing each day inside you.

I got this from my Mum's prayer book. It's a Prayer of an Expectant Mother.

"Lord,may the child that lies close to my heart grow strong and perfect.
Give me the grace, dear Lord, to be a wise and loving mother.
Mother of all mothers, guide and protect me in my pregnancy.
Help me to keep my mind pure and free from sin so that I may breathe and weave holiness and lovingness into the soul of my child."

Take care. :)


 

On Friday, January 05, 2007 2:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Heartiest congratulations. Next stage of life! Wow ! and really pleased for you and Ray. May the Lord bless you, the baby and Ray at all times. Take it a step at a time and it will be great.

Best wishes.


 

On Friday, January 05, 2007 9:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

What great news!! Congratulations!!I'm so happy for you.


 

On Friday, January 05, 2007 8:57:00 PM, Blogger Nick said:

WOW! That was fast! Congratulations! Another companion for Kevin :P


 

On Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Congrats..!! Read the books with a pinch of salt.. and donch treat it like a holy book.. because i did.. and sure regretted it.. hhhahaha!!
Should have gone with the flow.. :)


 

On Monday, January 08, 2007 3:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

congratulations!!...ive been married for 9 mths n yet to hav tis piece of good news...


 

On Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:53:00 AM, Blogger My Rantings said:

Congratulations again! Wow, talking about being a fast worker. You and Ray sure got down to work real fast! :-)

You must be feeling so excited, knowing that the baby is growing inside you. I remember when I found out about my first pregnancy. It was on Christmas Eve 1994. I almost named my girl, Eva but didn't. My first 2 were born in August too, less than a year apart.

Enjoy your pregnancy and all the pampering from Ray!


 

On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:58:00 PM, Blogger Eternity said:

hello everyone. thanks so much for your well wishes. i haven't had an easy time since i last posted. this pregnancy stuff is not easy! now i'm better and able to get online just today. hope to update the blog very soon.