« Home | First trimester is something to remember... » | I'm pregnant! »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007
5 months already!
How time has flown...I still remember the day I sat in the doctor's office hearing him say I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Today, I'm already 5 months pregnant.

The months leading up to this day have been tough. But I think the worst of the morning sickness period is over. Nowadays I'm feeling a lot more energy in me and less of an "invalid". Although not 100% comfortable, I'm beginning to enjoy pregnancy.

From the various ultrasounds done, we've been lucky to see what looks like a baby boy growing healthily and oh boy, very actively too! He's been moving a lot and loves to kick about whenever I'm about to sleep. It amazes me how he has such perfect timing!

Many have asked what I've been craving to eat, whether I demand for bizarre stuff at the oddest hours. Well, I don't have any of that. OK, maybe once in a blue moon, I do. I can only think of the two times I craved for food late in the night - cucur udang and Pudu's chee cheong fun! Other than that, I don't have any big appetite like how pregnant women are supposed to have.

Our next check-up at the O&G is this weekend. Everytime it's time for my monthly check, I am very excited to see the ultrasound. I love seeing how the baby looks and moves. I guess this is one of the many joy of carrying around a tummy!
 
posted by Eternity | Permalink |



7 Comments:


On Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:16:00 AM, Blogger My Rantings said:

Finally you're getting back to blogging! Welcome back!

I used to crave for fried hokkien mee during my last pregnacny. Hubby had to go & tapau for me from the stall in D'sara Utama almost every night. Now after 6 years whenever we go back there, the lady still remembers hubby! Without a doubt, No. 3 loves fried hokkien mee! :D


 

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Bkworm said:

Ha! Ha! I remember how I always ordered two bowls of pan mee for lunch. Could never get enough of food. Of course, after delivery, suffer lar. (losing weight) ;)


 

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haha.. cravings or not, i'm just glad that she started to "eat". It was indeed a trying time in the 1st trimester. But we have pulled thru pretty well. And we are just enjoying the moment as well as the karate kid inside.

Those who are trying to have a family or have fears starting a family... well don't cos this is the best gift anyone would ever dream of.

Oppss.. i just realised this doesn't look like a comment but rather a mini blog.

Sorry baby for blog-crashing !!


 

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Eternity said:

dancing queen, i do miss blogging. it's great to be back! i think i know which shop you're talking about that your hubby went to buy hokkien mee. i gotta try it sometime :)

bkworm, 2 bowls?? if only i have such appetite...as the chinese saying goes, "can eat is 'fook'" mah.

maybe i should include ray as a guest blogger in here? after all, he is as much as part of it as i am. :)


 

On Friday, April 20, 2007 8:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

woohooo!! congrats to you! :) both of us about the same eh? :) i'm going for my checkup this saturday and xcited to find out if it's a boy or girl doctor already knew last month but silly me didnt want to know until i realise how tough it was buying clothes! lol :P

you can feel baby kick?? me not yet. :( maybe i dont know if it's a kick or not n maybe my stomach skin too thick!! hahaha...anyways, i'm still waiting la. also could be baby is missing daddy so wants me to go home first before he/she starts kicking. heheh...we'll see! o n thanks for dropping by. am linking u up! :)


 

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Eternity said:

yvy, how do you live with the suspense of not knowing the gender when the info is right under your nose?! :) anyway, as soon as you feel your baby kick, i'm sure you'll be thrilled to no end! i'll wait for your post about it.


 

On Friday, April 27, 2007 4:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

i know...thats why i regretted not finding out when i had the chance to. i was so convinced it was a boy - blame it on that online chinese gender predictor. i tried thrice n all said was boy but when we finally found out, it was a girl! lol :P my mum is esctatic!! i'm just glad that the lil bub is a-ok but still lazy to move!! then i THOUGHT she kicked but that was one night n that was it! must have been a placebo effect. bah!